– The EU Budget and Funding Opportunities: Structural Funds Vs EU Funding Programmes
– The EU Institutions: structure and role in EU Funding Programmes
– EU Procurement: commercial and business opportunities through EU Tenders
– EU Funding Programmes: overview and general rules
– The 2021-2027 Programming Cycle
– Documentation: Call for Proposals, Work Programme and Form:
– Official Sources of Information
– The Lifecycle of EU Funded Projects: the various stages from idea to project
– Project Life-Cycle: identification and appraisal
– Project Life-Cycle: proposal drafting, analysis of the Application Form
– Project Life-Cycle: submission, evaluation and negotiation. The Grant Agreement
– Project Life-Cycle: managing the approved project and the closing stage
– Zoom-in on Horizon Europe, the Research & Innovation Programme: a practitioner’s perspective since FP5
Case studies: reference to real-life case scenarios of proposals, projects and consortia
– How to Write a Sound Proposal: methodologies and tools
– Context and Objectives
– Results, Deliverables and International Consortium
– Planning: Work Breakdown Structure and Work Packages
– Resources and Budgeting
– The Evaluation: the perspective of the proposer. Analysis of Evaluation Summary Reports
Workshop: participants are grouped into Teams and will simulate the development of a proposal. The Workshop is based on a real Call for Proposal and Work Programme. Teams will use a simplified Form developed specifically for this workshop. Teams will work under the supervision and guidance of the trainers.
– The Evaluation 2: the perspective of the evaluator. How is the evaluation stage structured, who are the evaluators and how they “think”?
– Shock Therapy: participants present their work and simulate the evaluation phase. Teams assess proposals using the tools of the evaluators.
– Wrap-up and Conclusions